Saturday 19 January 2013

Did everything happen in 1983?

***** 2023 Update: Look out for updates and possibly even new posts :) *****

Hello, welcome to my new blog!

It was 30 years ago that yours truly came of age, and the 30 years since then have gone by a lot faster than the 18 that came before! I often felt that 1983 was a significant year, for lots of reasons, especially as the world seemed to be changing before my eyes. Perhaps that was just from the viewpoint of a callow youth who had just been given the vote and was actually allowed into a pub for the first time (!) but, with 2013 having just started, I'm already seeing media anniversaries of things that happened for the first time in '83.
(One of which I shall cover in a forthcoming post!)

The purpose of this blog is to look back at some significant events, be they musical, cultural or even political, which took place 30 years ago. I won't necessarily coincide the posts with the anniversaries of when a particular event happened, rather it will be from whatever I thought mattered to me, at the time or even today. As regards the title, no of course I do not think that everything happened in 1983! It's just the perception I had throughout the decade, as subsequent years came and went and life just seemed to be the same from my perspective. In 1983, a lot changed for me and it seemed to that young man that the world was changing at the same time!

Anyway, if you've read this far, I hope you'll stick around for my posts looking back at the events of 1983!

No comments:

Post a Comment